Suggested Sharpener: Aligner™ Easy Edge-Guided Sharpener (shown). Also, MagnaGuide™ Guided Sharpener, Mini-Sharp®, Diafold®, Diamond Whetstone™, DuoSharp®, Dia-Sharp® or Diamond Whetstone™
- Set the 2 opposing clamp eyehooks to the angle of knife bevel, 20° for most edges.
- Attach clamp perpendicular to spine of blade.
- Slide guide rod through eyehook to position sharpener against the bevel of the blade (as shown).
- Lightly stroke away from the body, drawing the knife forward and across the sharpening surface.
- Flip and repeat, using the opposite eyehook with guide rod to maintain the proper bevel angle.
- Progress to finer grits to achieve desired result.